Creamy Savoy Cabbage with Carrots (serves 8 as a side dish)
- 1 large savoy cabbage
- 4 large carrots
- 50 gms butter
- 4 tbsp double cream
- optional pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Trim the cabbage of any tough leaves and the hard inner core.
- Rinse the leaves and shred as finely as you can.
- Peel and cut the carrots into fine thin strips.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the cabbage and carrots.
- Cook until tender, drain and return to the hot pan
- Add the butter and cream, season as required and add the optional pinch of nutmeg.
- Stir well to coat the vegetables and pile into a serving dish